15-Minute Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 to 5 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, optional and to taste (soy sauce already has salt)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- pinch cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes, optional and to taste
- 1 to 1.25 pounds flank steak, sliced against the grain in bite size pieces
- about 4 to 6 cups broccoli florets
- 2 to 3 green onions sliced in 1-inch segments on the bias, optional for garnishing
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, optional for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a sheet pan with aluminum foil for easier cleanup; set aside.
- To a large bowl add the soy sauce, garlic, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, optional salt, pepper, optional cayenne or red pepper flakes, and whisk to combine.
- Add the steak, stir to combine, and let it marinate for 10 to 15 minutes (if you have time and can marinate for up to 1 hour, even better).
- Using a tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer the steak to the sheet pan with space in between the pieces; set aside.
- Add the broccoli (I use 6 cups because we like a lot of broccoli, use less if desired) to the marinade mixture and give it a quick dunk, you just want to moisten it a bit. Using a tongs or a slotted spoon, transfer the broccoli to the sheet pan, and scatter it in between the steak if possible so food isn’t overlapping too much; reserve the marinade.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the steak is cooked through and the broccoli is fork-tender.
- While the food bakes, optionally add the reserved marinade to a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- After the beef and broccoli are done, evenly drizzle with the sauce, to taste.
- Evenly garnish with optional green onions, optional sesame seeds, and serve immediately.
- Recipe is best fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Amount Per Serving:CALORIES: 784TOTAL FAT: 24gSATURATED FAT: 7gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 14gCHOLESTEROL: 112mgSODIUM: 2145mgCARBOHYDRATES: 93gFIBER: 32gSUGAR: 32gPROTEIN: 65g
Leave a Reply