Greek. Meal. Bowls.
That’s fine. Say no more. I am on board.
In this particular situation, I’ve not photo’d the tzatziki sauce, but it will be in your recipe. I mean, it’s just a big bowl of Grecian goodness that will not leave you bored. At all. It is the more complicated of the bunch, but it’s not that bad. We can do this. I mean, we can’t take a photo without my housedress. But we can make and enjoy this.
- 1 lb chicken breasts
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 lbs grape tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 red onion
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- 1 cup plain low fat greek yogurt
- Pita bread
- Red wine vinegar
- Dried oregano
- Dried dill
- Chop chicken into small pieces. Place in container to marinade with 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 TBSP red wine vinegar, 1tsp oregano, 2 tsp garlic, 1 tsp lemon juice, Cook 2 cups brown rice according to packages.
- Start/Cook rice according to package.
- Next, make cucumber salad. Chop & slice 1 & 2/3 cucumbers. Thinly slice 1/2 red onion. Add in 1 TBSP lemon juice, 2 TBSP olive oil, 1 TBSP red wine vinegar, 2 cloves garlic, pressed & 1 tsp dried oregano. Refrigerate.
- Next, make Tzatziki sauce: Mix 1 cup greek yogurt, 1/3 finely diced (or food processed) cucumber, 1 TBSP garlic, 1 TBSP dill, 1 TBSP lemon juice, salt & pepper. Refrigerate.
- In hot oil, fry greek chicken mix until done to internal temp of 160.
- Chop olives, red onion & tomatoes.
- To make the tzatziki sauce, combine Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest and mint in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle with olive oil. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld; set aside.
Divide rice into meal prep containers. Top with chicken, cucumber salad, tomatoes and tzatziki sauce.
- Put 1/5 chicken mixture in microwave-proof container.
- Put 1/5 rice in microwave-proof container.
- Using 5 small separate containers or baggies, put 1/5 cucumber salad mixture in microwave-proof container.
- Using 5 small separate containers or baggies, put 1/5 tzatziki mixture in microwave-proof container.
- Using 5 small separate containers or baggies, put 1/5 olives & tomatoes mixture in microwave-proof container.
- Using 5 small separate containers or baggies, divide pita bread into 5 small servings.
- Package all together into 5 separate lunch containers.