Serves: 6 servings @ 2G, 2R, 2Y, 1B each.
Yummy yummy get in my tummy! Who doesn’t love chili? If you don’t, we can’t be friends. This is a fairly simple recipe and it’s the kind of food that gets better with time in the fridge, yay! It turns out comfort food can be healthy!
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cans Black beans
- 1 can Chili beans
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (I double that)
- 2 onions
- 1 bunch green onions
- 2 large jalapeños
- 2 large bell peppers
- 2 cloves or 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBSP Chili powder (or 2 if you’re crazy)
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Oregano
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Choose ONE accessory: Cheese or Greek Yogurt
- Chop onions, jalapeños, peppers & garlic. Saute in large pot with olive oil.
- Add in ground turkey & brown.
- Add beans, tomatoes, chili powder, cumin & oregano, salt & pepper.
- Bring to boil, simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with cheese, chopped green onions and/or tbsp of Greek yogurt.
- Put 1.5 cups of chili in microwave-proof container.
- In a separate container, put ONE accessory (cheese or yogurt).
- In a separate container, put 2 TBSP green onions.
- Package all together in one lunch container.
- This should make enough for you to meal prep for a week and freeze some for emergencies.