Spicy Feta Burger
Portion-Control Containers: 1 Green, 1 Purple, 1 Red, 1 Blue
- 8 oz. ground beef
- Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- ½ cup pico de gallo
- ½ cup feta (or avocado)
- 2 small apples, sliced
Preparation (for two servings):
- Shape ground beef into two patties; season with salt and pepper (if desired).
- Heat medium pan over high heat; when hot, coat with nonstick spray. Place patties in pan and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until done to your liking. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In each meal-prep container, place two lettuce leaves, and top with one patty, jalapeño slices (if desired), ¼ cup pico de gallo, and ¼ cup feta. Serve each evenly with sliced apple.
Tip: You may add finely chopped jalapeño and feta to ground beef before you shape burger patties.