- 1½ tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. raw flank steak, cut into
- 2-inch strips
- 2 medium bell peppers,
- cut into strips
- 1 cup sliced onion (approx. 1
- ½ tsp. + 1 pinch sea salt (or Himalayan salt),
- divided use
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ cup Homemade Salsa
- (see separate recipe for
- Homemade Salsa)
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, warm
- ¼ cup reduced-fat (2%) plain
- Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add flank steak; cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 to 8 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink. Set aside.
- Lightly coat a separate large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; bring to medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers, onion, and 1 pinch salt; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until onion is translucent and peppers are tender.
- Add garlic to pepper mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
- Add pepper mixture to flank steak.
- Add chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes (if desired), and remaining ½ tsp. salt
- Add salsa; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Combine yogurt, cilantro (if desired), and lime juice; mix well.
- Evenly top each tortilla with approx. 1⁄2 cup flank steak mixture and 1 Tbsp. yogurt mixture.
SERVES: 4 (2 fajitas each)
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 18 min.
Container Equivalents (per serving):
- 1 Green
- 1 Red
- 1 Tsp