Is it salsa? Is it salad? Is it both? Does it matter? Will you just eat it for lunch and love your life?
- 4-5 cups cooked brown rice OR cauliflower rice
- 2 cups pineapple chunks fresh or frozen
- 1 red bell pepper or 2 jalapenos seeded & diced
- 3/4 cup green peas (frozen & thawed in hot water)
- 1 cup cabbage shredded (use the tricolor coleslaw if you want something fast)
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced (or way more if you’re like us)
- 4 tbsp Braggs Amino Acids
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup or raw honey
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp hot sauce or red chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Use your cast iron skillet!
- Lightly fry pineapple so it caramelizes a bit. Remove from skillet.
- Next, saute onions & peppers until they caramelize a bit. Remove and add to pineapple.
- Now you’ll lightly cook your cabbage.
- Add the rice to the pan, warm.
- Now add all the ingredients back into the pan. Mix in sauce.
- Toss it all together, divide into four servings.
- Eat and be delighted by the deliciousness.