Everything rises and falls on leadership.John Maxwell
Today we’ll take it a step further than John Maxwell. In your home, everything rises and falls on MOM’s leadership.
For example, when mom is on a healthy eating kick, everyone is on a healthy eating kick.
When mom is on her game as far as schedule / routine go, everyone is on their game (or at least better).
When mom is in a rut and falling to bad habits, everyone else seems to as well.
When mom is cranky, short-tempered and impatient, everyone else is cranky, short-tempered and impatient.
Whether it’s good or bad, fair or not, mom sets the tone in the home. And the family follows.
This is true whether you stay at home, work from home or work out of the home. Yes, even though you may have many other hats, you’re still the CEO of the home. That includes leading the charge on budgets, shopping, appointments, cleaning, routines and many more things!
So, if that is true, we have some self-reflection questions to ask you.
- What tone are you setting today? In this season of life?
- Can you see how the fall out is affecting your family or home life?
- How do you want to lead the way?
- What actions would make that happen?
- How can you implement those actions?
- How do you not want to lead the way?
- What actions typically result leading that way?
- What has to start, stop or change to keep that from happening?
Leave a Reply