sal·ad/ˈsaləd/Learn to pronouncenoun
- a cold dish of various mixtures of raw or cooked vegetables, usually seasoned with oil, vinegar, or other dressing and sometimes accompanied by meat, fish, or other ingredients.
The key to really good and good-for-you salads is making sure you have all macros: carbs (vegetables), protein and fats (oils, avocado, cheese).
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp. lemon pepper
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups black beans
- 3 cups sliced orange bell peppers
- 3 cups sliced red bell peppers
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups sliced grilled chicken breast
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- To make dressing, combine vinegar, lemon juice, and lemon pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Slowly add oil while whisking; mix well. Evenly divide dressing between 4 one-quart Mason jars. Set aside.
- Evenly layer beans, bell peppers, onion, tomatoes, chicken, cheese, and cilantro on top of dressing in jars.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Shake before serving.
Credit: Beachbody blog