What you need:
- 2 lb of lean ground beef, turkey, or chicken (I use beef)
- 1 head of cabbage (on the smaller side)
- You can also add bok choy (optional)
- 3-4 medium carrots
- 1/4 onion chopped finely
- (Or a bag of tricolored coleslaw)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 heaping tsp of fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 TBS oil (sesame or vegetable)
- 4-5 TBS low sodium tamari soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 TBS rice vinegar
- 4tsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- *feel free to add eggs to this recipe by making a well in the middle of the mixture at the end of cooking and scrambling them, then mixing them
- Brown your ground meat with finely diced onions and minced garlic. Drain grease from meat if needed.
- Fill the pan full of coleslaw. Then add fresh grated ginger, oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder and ground black pepper (or crushed red pepper). Toss until coated evenly.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until cabbage has wilted, toss occasionally!